Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I recently finished the last book in the Twilight Series and must say I was stunned. WARNING: Spoilers Ahead.
I have been a true fan since the book came out in 2005, and followed Bella's story as if she were a part of me; I also have fallen for Edward over and over again. The last book in Stephenie Meyer's #1 Bestselling saga about a normal girl falling in love with the beautiful and utterly perfect Edward-who happens to be a vampire-has captivated the hearts of millions of women and men. I personally awaited for the release of this book since last year and have been glued to hisgoldeneyes.com for a long time. Needless to say that when I got my book on August 2, I was as happy as a little kid in Disney Land and consequently read the book in two days.
Now the interesting part comes, to my surprise unlike the last books in the series such as New Moon and Eclipse, this book was not as easily liked by some people more perhaps than when New Moon came out. Why is it that you my dear reader may ask? Because of the rather strange twists that Stephenie wrote. To my disbelief of my extensive knowledge of vampires ( Yes, I was into the whole vampire thing for a while and read everything there is about them including the many books out there dedicated to the mythical creatures of the night), I didn't know that they could reproduce...........comes the shocking secret that Bella has a baby with Edward. WOW, now that blew me away! The next thing was the whole imprinting on the baby-Renesme- by Jacob. Two major things that I so did not expect, and the whole stand against the Volturi fight (not really). Overall, the book brought a happy ending, too much of a happy ending for some, but it was a resolution for the story that we all love. I actually enjoyed the book for the most part, but I recommend rereading it again. Major Kudos from me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING.
I must admit, it's not the best, but I still love it all the same.

I was at the book party for it at Barnes & Noble the night it came out..and I read the book that night. =D

Ashley said...

Hey we are starting a book club, some girls from bookdiva's. If you could put a link to it in your blog that would be fantastic.
teenswhoread.blogspot.com